From time to time throughout the year we run parent workshops around topics of interest to our families.
These could be topics related to disability, such as dealing with challenging behaviour, ADHD, Sleep, sensory play, etc or from time to time we run workshops that are just for fun.
We have an annual wreath making workshop at Christmas time and during the year we run other workshops in response to requests from parents.
The Cygnet programme
We run the Cygnet programme.
This programme is designed for parents and carers of children and young people aged 7-18 with an autistic spectrum condition.
The programme is designed to:
- increase parents understanding of autistic spectrum conditions
- help parents develop their knowledge on how a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world and what drives their behaviour
- guide parents through practical strategies they can use with children
- direct parents to relevant ASC resources
- give parents the opportunity to meet with other parents who have had similar experiences and to gain support and learn from each other
It’s delivered over six, two and a half – three hour sessions followed by a seventh sessions a few weeks after the end of the course.
- Thursday 10 January 2019
- Thursday 17 January 2019
- Thursday 24 January 2019
- Thursday 31 January 2019
- Thursday 7 February 2019
- Thursday 14 February 2019
- Thursday 7 March 2019
All will be held from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
All will be held at:
The Space 2 Be Me office, Howard de Walden Centre, Bluett Street, Maidstone, Kent ME14 2UG
Please email email@example.com or call 01622 764566 for an enrolment form.