From time to time throughout the year we run parent workshops around topics of interest to our families.
These could be topics related to disability, such as dealing with challenging behaviour, ADHD, Sleep, sensory play, etc or from time to time we run workshops that are just for fun.
We have an annual wreath making workshop at Christmas time and during the year we run other workshops in response to requests from parents.
Take Ten Wellbeing Workshop
It can be so easy to put our own wellbeing at the bottom of the list but it’s so important to do the opposite to avoid burn out!
Find out more about different techniques to improve your wellbeing and develop a self-care toolkit that will work for you, even if you only have ten minutes a day to put it into practice.
- Date – Tuesday 6 February 2018
- Time – 11:00 – 13:45
- Where – Howard de Walden Centre, Maidstone
- Cost – £8 per adult – includes refreshments and a light lunch
The Cygnet programme
We also run the Cygnet programme. This programme is designed for parents and carers of children and young people aged 7-18 with an autistic spectrum condition.
The programme is designed to:
- increase parents understanding of autistic spectrum conditions
- help parents develop their knowledge on how a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world and what drives their behaviour
- guide parents through practical strategies they can use with children
- direct parents to relevant ASC resources
- give parents the opportunity to meet with other parents who have had similar experiences and to gain support and learn from each other
It’s delivered over six, two and a half – three hour sessions followed by a seventh sessions a few weeks after the end of the course.
We don’t currently have any dates for Cygnet delivery, but keep an eye on this page, we will update it.
Please email email@example.com to be sent an enrolment form if you would be interested in joining us for a Cygnet course.