We exist to make a difference to the lives of disabled children and their families
And we want staff that have the right values, personality and beliefs that help us do that
We are committed to ensuring our staff team are given the skills to do their best work every day. As a small charity we are not able to offer a large package of benefits, but we do ensure that staff are provided with opportunities for training and personal development.
WE CARE. WE LISTEN. WE EMPATHISE. WE RESPOND. WE EMPOWER.
Various Clubs positions
Space 2 Be Me usually runs the following clubs (although at the moment delivery is virtual but we are planning on bringing them back from May/June face to face):
- In Maidstone, we have fortnightly term time clubs – Rockets (6-10), Comets (11-13) and Galaxy (14-18)
- In Tonbridge we have fortnightly term time – Starships (7-12), Cosmic Club (13-18)
- We run clubs for young adults with additional needs between the ages of 18 and 25 alternating between Maidstone and Tonbridge on a weekly basis.
- We run under 6s stay-and-play sessions each week alternating in Maidstone and Tonbridge
- In school holidays we run weekly/fortnightly Space 2 Be Me Times holiday club in Maidstone and Tonbridge
- We run events for the whole family during the school holidays.
- We have a weekly Dance Stars club in Maidstone.
You can find out more about each club here
Clubs Sessional Workers
Have you got the skills, experience and enthusiasm to help Space 2 Be Me look deliver our range of youth activities for children and young people with additional needs?
We are are always on the look out for team players who will work together across these clubs in either Maidstone and in Tonbridge (or both). We are keen to hear from people who have experience in any of these areas or age groups who would like to be involved to work term time evenings, Saturday mornings or for holiday club sessions (typically 3-4 hours).
Sessional workers must be at least 17 years of age, able to use initiative, possess or be willing to complete a DBS check and safeguarding training. Ideally you will have had experience of working or living with children with a disability, but this is not essential.
Please send completed application forms directly to our Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require hard copies please contact email@example.com or telephone 07376 400407
Enhanced DBS will be required of the postholder.