We exist to make a difference to the lives of disabled children and their families
And we want staff that have the right values, personality and beliefs that help us do that
We are committed to ensuring our staff team are given the skills to do their best work every day. As a small charity we are not able to offer a large package of benefits, but we do ensure that staff are provided with opportunities for training and personal development.
WE CARE. WE LISTEN. WE EMPATHISE. WE RESPOND. WE EMPOWER.
Family Support Officer
Space 2 Be Me is seeking a part time Family Support Officer ( 15-20 hours per week, flexible working available including term time only option) to work in a key role supporting parents/carers of children and young people with additional needs, with a focus on the Tunbridge Wells area in particular. We’d love to hear from you if you think this might suit you, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and discuss further.
Full Job Description and application form are below but if you would like us to send you one in hard copy or to find out more, please email email@example.com or call 01622 764566 (or leave a message if we are not there) leaving your contact details.
Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to us at the address on the form and mark it Private and Confidential.
APPLICATION DEADLINE MIDNIGHT 14TH SEPTEMBER 2021
Enhanced DBS will be required of the postholder.
Clubs at Space 2 Be Me Vacancies
- In Maidstone, we have fortnightly term time clubs – Rockets (6-10), Comets (11-13) and Galaxy (14-18)
- In Tonbridge we have fortnightly term time clubs – Starships (7-12), Cosmic Club (13-18)
- We run clubs for young adults with additional needs between the ages of 18 and 25 alternating between Maidstone and Tonbridge on a weekly basis.
- We have a weekly Dance Stars club in Maidstone for all ages.
- We run an under 6’s stay-and-play session each week alternating between Maidstone and Tonbridge called SAMs club, which tends to be an entry level opportunity for parents to find out more about us and bring their families along to meet others, allowing their children to play in a safe and non-judgemental space.
- In school holidays we run weekly Space 2 Be Me Times holiday club in Maidstone and Tonbridge and now in Tunbridge Wells
- We run events for the whole family during the school holidays.
You can find out more about each club here
Children and Young People Coordinator – SAMs Club
Space 2 Be Me is seeking someone to work 5 hours a week in the following coordinating role as part of a wider Space 2 Be Me Clubs team:
To lead, deliver, plan and fully coordinate SAMs club, our under 6s stay-and-play sessions which runs between 10am and 12 noon every Saturday in term time, alternating between Maidstone and Tonbridge. This tends to be an entry level opportunity for parents to find out more about our charity, access advice and support form our staff and bring their families along to meet others and allow their children to play in a safe and non judgemental space. Additional work is available as we need people to also help support our fortnightly groups for older ages.
The role will also support other team members to deliver “Space 2 Be me Times” where children are left with us for a few hours to provide some structure and respite for families during the school holidays. You will plan and coordinate occasional play and stay sessions during holidays for the under 6s age group.
If you want to find out more about this role and want to discuss further please contact our manager on email@example.com or 07496 749611
This role is start as soon as possible. Applicants must be willing to have an enhanced DBS check.
Clubs Sessional Workers
Have you got the skills, experience and enthusiasm to help Space 2 Be Me look deliver our range of youth activities for children and young people with additional needs?
- Are you a parent carer or sibling with experience?
- Have you worked with children with additional needs?
- Do you have experience with children and want to develop your knowledge and skill supporting disabled children?
We are are on the look out for team players who will work together across these clubs in either Maidstone and in Tonbridge (or both). We are keen to hear from people who have experience in any of these areas or age groups who would like to be involved to work term time evenings, Saturday mornings or for holiday club sessions (typically 3-4 hours each). We are keen to hear from people with the following areas of interest
- To help with SAMS Club Under 6s stay and play sessions 10-12 on Saturdays in Maidstone or Tonbridge or both; helping to set up, support and play with children and chat to parents, lend a sympathetic ear and refer to other people within our organisation as appropriate? please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
- To help run and deliver Dance Stars, our weekly dance class on Mondays 4.30-6.30pm which is well established and growing, which runs every evening on Mondays during term time with occasional performances outside those times – please contact email@example.com to find out more
- To help deliver regular term time Tonbridge Youth Groups Starships (for 6-10 year olds) at 5-6.30pm alternate Wednesdays; Cosmic (11-17 years) 7-9pm fortnightly on Fridays or Universe club 7-9pm for 18-25s in Tonbridge – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
- To help deliver regular fortnightly Fridays during term time Maidstone Youth Groups Rockets (for 6-10 year olds) at 5-6.30pm, Comets (11-13 years) 6.45-8.15pm and Galaxy (13-17 year) 8.30-10pm in Maidstone – please contact email@example.com to find out more
- To help deliver Space 2 Be Me Time sessions – drop and leave holiday clubs on specific themes and activities during school holidays in Maidstone, in Tonbridge and new to us moving forward in 2021 Tunbridge Wells – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
Sessional workers must be at least 16 years of age, able to use initiative, be proactive, be patient and creative, possess or be willing to complete a DBS check and safeguarding training. Ideally you will have had experience of working or living with children with a disability, but this is not essential.
Please email completed applications to email@example.com or post it to us at the address on the form and mark it Private and Confidential. If you require hard copies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07376 400407
Enhanced DBS will be required of the postholder.