We exist to make a difference to the lives of disabled children and their families
And we want staff that have the right values, personality and beliefs that help us do that
We are committed to ensuring our staff team are given the skills to do their best work every day. As a small charity we are not able to offer a large package of benefits, but we do ensure that staff are provided with opportunities for training and personal development.
WE CARE. WE LISTEN. WE EMPATHISE. WE RESPOND. WE EMPOWER.
Clubs at Space 2 Be Me Vacancies
- In Maidstone, we have fortnightly term time clubs – Rockets (6-10), Comets (11-13) and Galaxy (14-18)
- In Tonbridge we have fortnightly term time clubs – Starships (7-11), Cosmic Club (12-17)
- We run clubs for young adults with additional needs between the ages of 18 and 25 alternating between Maidstone and Tonbridge on Thursdays a weekly basis.
- We have a weekly Dance Stars club in Maidstone for all ages on Mondays.
- We run a Saturday morning under 6’s stay-and-play session each week alternating between Maidstone and Tonbridge called SAMs club, which tends to be an entry level opportunity for parents to find out more about us and bring their families along to meet others, allowing their children to play in a safe and non-judgemental space.
- In school holidays we run weekly Space 2 Be Me Times holiday club sessions in Maidstone and Tonbridge and now in Tunbridge Wells
- We run events for the whole family during the school holidays.
You can find out more about each club here
Clubs Sessional Workers
Have you got the skills, experience and enthusiasm to help Space 2 Be Me look deliver our range of youth activities for children and young people with additional needs?
- Are you a parent carer or sibling with experience?
- Have you worked with children with additional needs?
- Do you have experience with children and want to develop your knowledge and skill supporting disabled children?
We are are on the look out for team players who will work together across these clubs in Tonbridge. We are keen to hear from people who have experience in any age groups who would like to be involved to work term time fortnightly regular evenings for our Starships (age 7-11) on alternate Wednesdays, Universe (age 18-25) on alternate Thursdays and Cosmic Clubs (age 12-17) on alternate Fridays. Sessional workers can work one or more of these clubs depending on interest.
Our sessional staff can also help to deliver Space 2 Be Me Time sessions – drop and leave holiday clubs on specific themes and activities during school holidays in Tonbridge and new to us moving forward in 2021 Tunbridge Wells.
Sessional workers must be at least 16 years of age, able to use initiative, be proactive, be patient and creative, possess or be willing to complete a DBS check and safeguarding training. Ideally you will have had experience of working or living with children with a disability, but this is not essential.
Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to us at the address on the form and mark it Private and Confidential. If you require hard copies please contact email@example.com or telephone 07376 400407
Enhanced DBS will be required of the postholder.