Groombridge Place is an outdoor adventure forest and formal gardens and is less than 4 miles from Tunbridge Wells.
You can see the resident animals and birds then try and see some deer in the forest. There are Bird of Prey displays at 12 pm and 3 pm.
Children will have a day to remember playing in the Enchanted Forest including Crusoe’s World, the Board Walk, Fort area, Teepees and Canal Walk.
There is a canal boat which will take you directly to the Enchanted Forest (additional charges apply).
Please note that there is very little undercover shelter and appropriate footwear is recommended. For further details please visit their website www.groombridgeplace.com
To make it more accessible for those furthest away, we have organised a coach from Maidstone at 10am and picking up in Tonbridge at 10.45 for a small additional cost (see below)
When’s it on?
- Date – Monday 15th August 2022
- Time – Coach pick up 10am Maidstone (New Line Learning School, Boughton Lane, Loose ME15 9QL) and 10.45 Tonbridge (Longmead Sports Stadium, Darenth Avenue, Tonbridge TN10 3JJW). Approx Arrival at Groombridge Place for those travelling alone – 11.30 am. We will be leaving the Groombridge Place at 3.30 pm so back in Tonbridge by 4.00 pm and Maidstone approximately 5pm.
- Where – Groombridge Hill, Groombridge, Tunbridge Wells TN3 9QG
Is there a Cost?
- Cost per person: Children with additional needs and their siblings are welcome to attend these events at a cost of £9.00 per child over 3 (under 3s are free of charge). One free carer is per family and additional adults are £11.00. Coach seats are £2 per seat.
- Concession rates available for those on income related benefits (proof will be required ). Click through to book to find out more.
- Booking deadline: 10.00 am on Thursday 11th August
A Short Break Event for all the family funded by Kent County Council