We are pleased to announce that the Space 2 Be Me Team are hosting a parent workshop led by Dr Mark Brown, who has over 30 years experience of working with individuals with neurodiverse issues.
This parent workshop will focus on issues faced by children and teenagers with a learning disability and/or autism, when they are going through puberty. It will be led by Dr Mark Brown, who has over 30 years experience of working with individuals with neurodiverse issues.
Topics covered will include:
- Identifying the characteristics of puberty that can have a significant effect on young people
- Providing an understanding of anger management related to puberty
- Practical approaches which can be taken to address inappropriate sexualised behaviours
- How it’s never too early to start planning for puberty
The session will take place on 17th June 2021 at 7pm via Zoom and is free.
Due to funding restrictions, families from Maidstone (including non-members) will be prioritised for this event, then members, and finally families in West Kent. Register via Eventbrite and we will check you eligibility. We will only contact you if there is an issue, otherwise assume your booking remains.
When’s it on?
- Date – Thursday 17th June 2021
- Time – 7-9pm
- Where – Online
Is there a cost?
- Free of charge